21 Mar 2017-7:45 pm
Half Time: 0-3
Racing Club Warwick
0 : 3
Bromsgrove Sporting
Full Time
B. Antrobus (Shrewsbury)
Racing Club Warwick
Bromsgrove Sporting
24' 0:1 Goal
Andy Nicol
Assistant: Robbie Bunn
37' 0:2 Goal
Jason Cowley
Jason Cowley
Yellow Card 42'
Joseph Wright
44' 0:3 Goal (from penalty)
Liam Spink
Liam Spink
Substitute 53'
In:Zak Harbon
Out:Luke Church
64' Substitute
In:Will Tibbetts
Out:Reece Hewitt
Will Tibbetts
71' Substitute
In:Thomas Craine
Out:Jason Cowley
Substitute 72'
In:Mark Turton
Out:Joe Ashworth
78' Substitute
In:Chris Lloyd
Out:Andy Nicol
Chris Lloyd
Substitute 83'
In:Bradley Harbon
Out:Wade Malley

Bromsgrove Sporting looked to bounce back in the league on Tuesday after the heartbreak up north in Cleethorpes following their FA Vase semi-final exit. A dominant performance with three first half goals from Nicol, Cowley, and Spink saw the Rouslers record their 22nd league win of the season writes Ben Fox.

A precautious start by the away team at Townsend Meadow achieved not much notable action in the opening exchanges between two high-flying sides. The game took 20 minutes to really get going as Reece Hewitt showed his technical ability out wide to put a ball into Jason Cowley, who headed straight at Warwick ‘keeper Jonathan Pigott. Moments later Robbie Bunn also fired a powerful drive but again straight at the ‘keeper.

It was only four minutes later when Bunn was involved again, he delivered a delightful ball into the box so Andy Nicol could beautifully send a looping header over the helpless Pigott which nestled in the far corner to give the Rouslers the lead. The lively Jack Wilson for Bromsgrove won a free-kick just outside the penalty area on the 34th minute. Andy Nicol stepped up, and an excellent save by Pigott denied Nicol his second of the evening.

On the 40-minute mark Jason Cowley tapped home from another great cross from the right-wing to give Sporting a 2-0 lead. If the first half wasn’t what the doctor ordered for Paul Smith’s men, a penalty was awarded for a foul on Nicol and Liam Spink confidently scored from the spot for a three-goal advantage.

Sporting were well on top in the second half but couldn’t find a way to add to their goal tally. Right after half-time Pigott was called into action again to deny Nicol, and then Bunn again after 56 minutes. The introduction of Tom Craine caused the Warwick defence some problems, and he looked to add another before being hacked out down inside the area. Unfortunately for Bromsgrove Pigott, came to Warwick’s rescues again with marvellous low save to deny Spink a second goal from the penalty spot.

With Lichfield City defeating Leicester Road, the win gives Sporting a 5 point lead with two games in hand over second place going into Saturday’s home match against Coventry Copsewood.

Warwick: Jon Piggot, Joe Wright, Michael Mannion, Martin Slevin, Martin Hutchcox, Toby Checketts, Wade Malley (Bradley Harbon 73 mins), Joe Ashworth (Mark Turton 72 mins), Jake Brown, Luke Church (Zak Harbon 53 mins), Lucky Nwosu.
Subs not used: Alex Price, Sam Delaney
Yellow: Joe Wright (42 mins)

Sporting: Jon Brown, Aaron Roberts, Jack Wilson, Keenen Meakin-Richards, Craig Jones, Danny Morris, Liam Spink, Robbie Bunn, Jason Cowley (Tom Craine 71 mins), Andy Nicol (Chris Lloyd 78 mins), Reece Hewitt (Will Tibbetts 64 mins).
Subs not used: Sam Wills, Luke Edwards.
Goals: Andy Nicol (24 mins), Jason Cowley (37 mins), Liam Spink (penalty 44 mins)
Cards: None

Referee: Mr B Antrobus (Shrewsbury)
Assistants: Mr K Andrews (Warwick), Mr K Cox (Coventry)

Crowd: 202
Weather: Cool, rain.

Sporting Man of the Match: Andy Nicol


Racing Club Warwick
Bromsgrove Sporting
1 Yellow Cards 0
0 Goals 3
Racing Club Warwick
Bromsgrove Sporting