26 Nov 2016-3:00 pm
Half Time: 0-3
Heath Hayes
0 : 4
Bromsgrove Sporting
Full Time
B. Stott (Uttoxeter)
Heath Hayes
Bromsgrove Sporting
16' 0:1 Goal
Reece Hewitt
Reece Hewitt
21' 0:2 Goal
Will Tibbetts
Assistant: Jason Cowley
Will Tibbetts
27' 0:3 Goal
Jason Cowley
Jason Cowley
Substitute 55'
In:Kieren Nelson
Out:Luke Holmes
58' 0:4 Goal
Andy Nicol
Substitute 61'
In:Jack Partridge
Out:James Russell
61' Substitute
In:Thomas Craine
Out:Andy Nicol
61' Substitute
In:Chris Lloyd
Out:Will Tibbetts
Chris Lloyd
69' Substitute
In:Luke Dugmore
Out:Reece Hewitt
Luke Dugmore
75' Red Card
Thomas Craine
75' Yellow Card
Keenen Meakin-Richards
Substitute 80'
In:Rhys Horton
Out:Ryan Burns
Yellow Card 87'
Ryan Goodwin
90' Yellow Card
Aaron Roberts
Aaron Roberts
Yellow Card 90' +3'
Chris Horton
Yellow Card 90' +3'
Andrew Davis

Following a disappointing home draw the previous week, Sporting returned to form with an assured win over Staffordshire team Heath Hayes writes Phil Baker.

There was a more familiar feel to the line-up with Aaron Roberts and Jack Wilson returning as full-backs, Luke Edwards replaced Craig Jones who was carrying a knock whilst up front returnee Andy Nicol paired striker Jason Cowley.

A low sun gazed over the horizon for the kick-off with little between the two teams for the initial stages and precious little action in either goalmouth. On the fifth minute Joe Hartshorne for Hayes got past the Sporting back line but the ever-reliable Danny Morris dispossessed him before he could shoot from a good position.

With fourteen minutes on the clock, the visitors finally got a shot on target but home keeper Matt Wiggins saved low from Reece Hewitt. A minute later it was action at the end other end when Charlie Ware got on the end of Ryan Burns free-kick but Rouslers keeper Chris Jay had an easy pick up.

Two minutes later and Sporting were in front as Will Tibbetts corner to the far post was met by Luke Edwards; his header was cleared but only to Reece Hewitt who leapt high to make a spectacular scissor-kick to fire home as the ball went in off the under-side of the bar.

Six minutes later Sporting doubled their advantage when Cowley put a neat pass though Hayes defensive wall that Tibbetts met the other side and with just Wiggins to beat chipped the keeper from 15 yards out.

Then with another six minutes on the clock, the away side got their third and a deserved goal for the hard-working Cowley who beat a couple of defenders before firing past Wiggins from an tight angle.

In the remainder of the first half, Cowley and Nicol had another couple of efforts apiece that went wide of the woodwork whilst the home side had their best chance on the 39th minute courtesy of Hartshorne who will have been annoyed to have shot just past the left-hand upright.

The second half was rather a scrappy affair with the light fading and legs tiring quickly on the soft pitch. Though Sporting did manage another goal on 60 minutes from Nicol who gave Wiggins no chance with a hard low effort that went under the diving keeper.

Luke Edwards came up for a corner on 69 minutes but tapped substitute Chris Lloyds corner just wide of the left-hand post.

A few minutes later though what had been a competitive but relatively uneventful match changed when Tom Craine chased a 50/50 ball into the box but connected late with Wiggins showing both sets studs giving referee Mr Stott little choice but to show him a red card.

From then on the crowd saw precious little football but a flurry of yellow cards as the game became more bad-tempered though Lloyd did manage a decent half-volley that went just wide on the last minute.

Finally after brandishing two more yellows Mr Stott decided that was enough with five added minutes on the clock.
With all their rivals winning, Sporting remain in 3rd position but there is still lots of football to play this season.

A special mention though for Jack Wilson who was his reliable self at left-back today and became the fifth Sporting player to clock up 100 appearances.

Heath Hayes: Matt Wiggins (Capt), Ryan Goodwin, Luke Holmes (Kieren Nelson 55 mins), Ryan Burns (Rhys Horton 80 mins), Chris Horton, Steven Yates, James Russell (Jack Partridge 61 mins), Andrew Davis, Charlie Ware, Oliver Hayward, Joe Hartshorne.
Substitutes not used: Brad Rolston, Alex Scott.
Yellows: Ryan Goodwin (87 mins), Chris Horton (90+3 mins), Andrew Davis (90+3 mins).
Sporting: Chris Jay, Aaron Roberts, Jack Wilson, Keenen Meakin-Richards, Luke Edwards, Danny Morris, Will Tibbetts (Chris Lloyd 61 mins), Sam Wills (Capt), Jason Cowley, Andy Nicol (Tom Craine 61 mins), Reece Hewitt (Luke Dugmore 69 mins).
Substitutes not used: Nathan Walker, Craig Jones.
Goals: Reece Hewitt (16 mins), Will Tibbetts (21 mins), Jason Cowley (27 mins), Andy Nicol (58 mins).
Yellows: Keenen Meakin-Richards (75 mins), Aaron Roberts (90 mins).
Red: Tom Craine (75 mins)

Referee: Mr B Stott (Uttoxeter)
Assistants: Mr I Wylie (Burntwood), Mr M Slater (Dudley).

Weather: Cool, damp.
Crowd: 92

Sporting Man of the Match: Jason Cowley
Heath Hayes Man of the Match: Luke Holmes.

Reporter: Phil Baker


Heath Hayes
Bromsgrove Sporting
3 Yellow Cards 2
0 Red Cards 1
0 Goals 4
Heath Hayes
Bromsgrove Sporting