6 Dec 2016-7:45 pm
Half Time: 0-0
Bromsgrove Sporting
1 : 0
Malvern Town
Full Time
Daniel Pattison (Bromsgrove)
Bromsgrove Sporting
Malvern Town
13' Yellow Card
Joe Haines
Yellow Card 48'
Joe Haines
60' Substitute
In:Matthew Turner
Out:Nathan Hughes
Aaron Roberts
Substitute 60'
In:Aaron Roberts
Out:Daniel Morris
Luke Dugmore
Substitute 60'
In:Luke Dugmore
Out:Keenen Meakin-Richards
Substitute 60'
In:Alfie Bloomer
Out:Thomas Craine
70' Yellow Card
Bryan Craven
74' Substitute
In:Matthew Turner
Robbie Bunn
Goal 1:0 82'
Robbie Bunn
Assistant: Luke Shorthouse

A Robbie Bunn strike helped guide Bromsgrove Sporting to the Worcestershire Senior Urn Final with a 1-0 over Malvern Town on Tuesday evening.

In an even encounter, they had to wait until the 82nd minute for Bunns strike from the edge of area to finally break down a resilient Malvern outfit.

The win means Paul Smiths side will face Highgate United in the final.

The Rouslers began the game positively enough, with the first chance falling to new signing, striker Luke Shorthouse, who blazed his volley over after 14 minutes.

Soon after, fellow frontman Tom Craine capitalised on a defensive error inside the box but found his gilt-edged effort deflected over the bar.

Malverns first opportunity of note came on the 21st minute mark, as Dave Reynolds played in Lewis Platt, whose shot could only find the safe hands of Chris Jay.

Craine had further opportunities to open the scoring, as he had a shot charged down by visiting stopper Charlie Weaver before finding himself through on goal with a minute of the half left, only to waste his chance.

The chances would continue to arise for Craine as the second half began but he ultimately failed to get his name on the scoresheet.

His best opportunity by far came 46 minutes in, as he took a long ball from Joe Haines skilfully past the oncoming defender and around keeper Weaver with ease.

With an open goal at his mercy and expectant fans ready to erupt into celebration in the Shed End, Craine somehow put his shot wide of the post, in a scenario where it was certainly "easier to score than miss".

Sporting orchestrated second half proceedings, with Sam Wills almost breaking the deadlock with an audacious lob from range that forced Weaver to divert the ball wide for a corner.

Malvern’s best chance came on 57 minutes, as Reynolds had a shot saved by the reliable Jay before Nathan Hughes attempted rebound was firmly blocked by skipper Craig Jones.

As the minutes ticked by, the looming threat of a penalty shoot out was certainly making itself known, with Sporting starting to struggle to get meaningful efforts on goal.

Bunn almost got the opener 15 minutes from home, as his shot from inside the area could only find the grateful hands of Weaver after some nice work from substitute Luke Dugmore.

Malvern almost grabbed the lead on the 79th minute, as a cross from Bryan Craven found substitute Matthew Turner, whose looping header almost squeezed into the goal but thankfully for Sporting, went the other side of the post.

The winner finally came eight minutes from the end, as Shorthouse laid off the ball nicely before Bunns strike squirmed under keeper Weaver, who had a creditable evening up until this point, and into the net.

Sporting substitute Alfie Bloomer almost added a second but his effort from 20 yards was well wide of the upright.

With Sporting getting into the final 32 of the FA Vase on Saturday and this victory, Paul Smith will be hoping the good form can continue into the league, as they visit Bolehall Swifts this coming Saturday.



Bromsgrove Sporting
Malvern Town
1 Yellow Cards 3
1 Goals 0