Ahead of Saturday’s home Emirates FA Cup Second Round Qualifying match versus Worksop Town (3:00 KO), here are some important bits of information you may want to know…
ADMISSION – PAY ON GATE. CUP MATCH – ALL PAY.
- Adults £12
- Over 65s £9
- 12-17 yr old £6
- Plus… KIDS FOR A QUID! (3 – 11, with adult)
Card or cash at the turnstiles. Cash only for outdoor food outlets. Card and cash at the indoor bar.
The Victoria Ground, Birmingham Rd, Bromsgrove, B61 0DR
KIT FOR THIS MATCH
We will be wearing this season’s NEW red home kit for this match.
Text commentary via our Twitter (@SportingFC) and updates on Goalshouter. Our Facebook (Bromsgrove Sporting FC) and our Instagram account (rouslersofficial) will also have match updates.
LAST TIME WE MET
– We have never played Worksop Town before!
Manager Bren Kelly’s preview of the game can be read here.
- Worksop Town are playing in the Northern Premier League Division One East Division (Step 8) – one level below Sporting.
- They are currently ninth in the league, with eleven points from seven games (W3 D2 L2). Cleethorpes Town, a team familiar to Sporting fans from the 2016/17 FA Vase, are currently eleventh in the same league.
- Away from home, they have played three matches in the league – winning two and drawing one.
- These matches consist of wins at Sheffield (0-3 14th) and Stockton Town (0-1 8th) and a draw at Tadcaster Albion (2-2 16th). Positions denotes where those teams are in the league at the time of writing.
- The Tigers head into this game off the back of two home matches. A 1-0 win vs Pontefract Collieries (17th) on Tuesday night, which came after a 1-1 draw with Hebburn Town (15th). Positions denotes where those teams are in the league at the time of writing.
- In terms of the Emirates FA Cup, they have played three matches so far this season. A 4-4 home draw in the Preliminary Round versus Eastwood Community (Step 9) was followed by a 5-2 win in the replay. The First Round Qualifying saw them beat Newport Pagnell Town (Step 9) 3-0 at home.
- Striker Steven McDonnell has scored in all three of those matches, bagging four goals across them.
- Winger Aaron Sennett-Neilson has scored three goals for Worksop in the competition so far.
- A name that could be familiar to Sporting fans is striker Zayn Hakeem. Formerly of Coleshill Town and Barwell, he has scored three goals in all competitions for The Tigers this season.
- The Newport Pagnell Town win, draws versus Tadcaster Albion and Hebburn Town and recent win over Pontefract Collieries means they are on a four game unbeaten run – their last defeat being a 2-1 league loss at home to Frickley Athletic on 30th August.
If you are coming to the game, get behind the lads and make the VG a fortress – your support is a massive boost and we will need it if we are to follow on from last Saturday’s victory! We look forward to seeing you there for the Magic of the Cup!