15 Oct 2016-3:00 pm
Half Time: 0-1
Uttoxeter Town
2 : 2
Bromsgrove Sporting
Full Time
J. Maskrey (Stoke-On-Trent)
Uttoxeter Town
Bromsgrove Sporting
21' 0:1 Goal
Jason Cowley
Assistant: Nathan Walker
Jason Cowley
Yellow Card 23'
Goal 1:1 46'
Liam Sowter
51' 1:2 Goal
Tony Clarke
Tony Clarke
62' Substitute
In:Dale Edwards
Out:Ahmed Ali
Dale Edwards
Substitute 67'
In:John Atherton
Out:George Woodruffe
67' Substitute
In:Chris Conway
Out:Tony Clarke
Chris Conway
Substitute 71'
In:Louis Sherwin
Out:Luke G. Lewis
74' Yellow Card
Jack Wilson
Jack Wilson
Substitute 77'
In:Joe Lewis
Out:Jason Cockshutt
Goal (from penalty) 2:2 78'
Luke Lewis
79' Substitute
In:Sean Brain
Out:Jason Cowley
Sean Brain
85' Yellow Card
Chris Jay
Chris Jay
87' Red Card
Luke Edwards
Luke Edwards

Midland Football League Division One – Saturday 15th October – 3:00 p.m. kick-off

Uttoxter Town 2 (0) Bromsgrove Sporting 2 (1) at Oldfields Sports Club

A disappointing result for Sporting who really should have had this match sewn up after half an hour. However as with previous games a combination of failing to convert dominance into goals and momentary lapses of concentration led to the loss of two points.

However as one not too disgruntled supporter said after the match, Sporting are still unbeaten in the league this season!

The Rouslers pretty much spent the first 20 minutes of the game parked on their opponents front lawn. Robbie Bunn being the main threat with a number of incisive runs down the right wing. As early as the fourth minute Bunn could have had a penalty when he appeared to be pushed over in the box but referee Mr Maskey waived play on whilst Nathan Walker and Ahmed Ali both had long range shots easily saved by Uttoxter keeper Mike Allen.

It was 18 minutes before Chris Jay in the Bromsgrove goal was called into action with a good save from Liam Sowter.

Three minutes later though Sporting took a deserved lead with a fine goal from Jason Cowley. With most of the Uttoxter team in the Sporting half, Luke Lewis lost the ball to Walker who passed wide on the right to Cowley. He used his pace to get down the wing quickly cutting inside one defender then skilfully slotting home into the narrow gap between Allen and the post from 12 yards out.

A few minutes later Tony Clarke got the ball in the net after Allen dropped the ball but that was disallowed for offside. The game then slowed down as Sporting played a more cautious approach though just before half time, Chris Lloyds corner found Luke Edwards at the far post but on his effort was cleared of the line.

Immediately after the interval the home side equalised from the kick-off when a long pass up field split the Sporting defence, Luke Sowter picked up and fired past Jay from the edge of the box.

Four minutes later, Sporting were back in the lead in somewhat bizarre circumstances. Chris Lloyd broke free down the left putting a high cross into the box that Allen had easily covered but he failed to catch and the ball slithered out of his arms to the feet of Tony Clarke who will never again have such an easy tap home from just 10 feet out.

Both sides then used up all their substitutes in a short period of time and with changes in formation so the game took on a different course with neither side being able to create an chances though Clarke will reckon he should have done better on the 66th minutes when his shot from Cowleys pass went agonisingly wide of the post.

Then on the 78th minute, despite protests that it was outside the penalty area, Luke Edwards was adjudged to have fouled Luke Lewis. The striker made no mistake with the spot shot sending Jay the wrong way to even out the score-line.

Cue for Sporting to bring on the cavalry in the form of Sean Brain recently returned from his sojourn in Rugby for his 100th appearance in a Rouslers shirt. Things could have been worse for the visitors as Uttoxter had an appeal for handball in the box tuned down moments later.

With frustration mounting, the visitors were awarded a free-kick just inside the Town half. One of their players walked away with the ball to prevent its being taken quickly; Luke Edwards gave chase and in retrieving the ball was deemed to have put an arm round his opponents neck and for his trouble got a red card.

To make matters worse for Sporting Chris Conway put the ball in the net with a powerful header from Walkers free kick but the whistle had gone moments before for an infringement.

And that really was the last of the action. The home team in the end frustrated their opponents and got what looked to be a satisfactory result for them.

Uttoxter: Michael Allen, Harry Price, George Woodruffe (John Atherton 67 mins), Doug Price, Callum Lovatt (Capt), Jason Cockshutt (Joe Lewis 77 mins), Martin Gadsby, Liam Sowter, Luke Lewis, Oliver Ritchie, Luke G Lewis (Louis Sherwin 71 mins).

Unused substitutes: Alex Langridge, Rob Collins.

Goals: Liam Sowter (46 mins), Luke Lewis (78 mins, penalty)

Yellows: Doug Price (23 mins).

Sporting: Chris Jay, Jake Willcox, Jack Wilson, Nathan Walker, Craig Jones (Capt), Luke Edwards, Ahmed Ali (Dale Edwards 62 mins), Robbie Bunn, Tony Clarke (Chrisi Conway 67 mins), Jason Cowley (Sean Brain 79 mins), Chris Lloyd.

Scorers: Jason Cowley (21 mins), Tony Clark (51 mins).

Subs not used: Keenan Meakin-Richards, Sam Wills.

Yellow: Jack Wilson (74 mins), Chris Jay (85 mins)

Red: Luke Edwards (87 mins)

Referee: Mr J Maskrey (Stoke-on-Trent)

Assistants: Mr M Slater (Dudley), Mr B Totney (Dudley)

Weather: Warm, sunny.

Crowd: 100

Sporting MoM: Nathan Walker

Reporter: Phil Baker



Uttoxeter Town
Bromsgrove Sporting
1 Yellow Cards 2
0 Red Cards 1
2 Goals 2
Uttoxeter Town
Bromsgrove Sporting