Bromsgrove Sporting
0 : 4
Walsall Wood
Full Time
Darren Wilding (Worcester)
Bromsgrove Sporting
Walsall Wood
Aaron Roberts
Red Card 16'
Aaron Roberts
17' 0:1 Goal
Michael Murray
20' 0:2 Goal
Lewis Taylor-Boyce
34' 0:3 Goal
Danny Forrest
Substitute 46'
In:Gareth Davies
Out:Bradley Whitehouse
Substitute 46'
In:Joe Lawley
Out:Jovan Blake-Walker
56' Substitute
In:Corey Currithers
Out:Tom Evans
58' Yellow Card
Michael Murray
61' Substitute
In:Anthony Juxon
Out:Michael Murray
Yellow Card 65'
Gareth Davies
65' Substitute
In:Drew Aiton
Out:Danny Owen
Tom Rankin
Substitute 71'
In:Tom Rankin
Out:Andy Nicol
Yellow Card 90'
Chris Morrison
90' +1' 0:4 Goal
Craig Deakin

Bromsgrove Sporting's last home league game of the season ended in a heavy defeat from title favourites Walsall Wood 4-0.

First half strikes from Murray, Taylor-Boyce and Danny Forrest saw second place Walsall Wood up 3-0 at the break with Sporting a man light after Roberts' sending off inside 15 minutes. The visitors were able to see off the remainder of the second half to earn all three points.

It was the home side though who supplied the first good effort of the game when Andy Nicol's free kick brought a good diving save out of Walsall goalkeeper Dale Faultless.

But the Rouslers game was made even harder when defender Arron Roberts was shown red for the second time in 2 weeks after handling the ball inside the box. The initial penalty was saved but the rebound was squared back across the box for Murray to tap the ball into the net.

Sporting's game went from bad to worse three minutes later when the lead was doubled. Taylor-Boyce ran into the far right of the box and fired a powerful shot towards the goal. The ball took a deflection of Sporting's Gleadow that directed the ball into the net.

Walsall continued to mount the pressure with a string of chances from Bilgimer and Taylor-Boyce. The away side eventually found their third ten minutes from the break thanks to a superb curling effort just inside the near edge of the box from Danny Forrest.

Bromsgrove couldn't get back to grips with the game after the sending off. The only other effort from the home side in the first half was a Nick Harris free kick that was saved by the Walsall goalkeeper.

The start of the second half was a very dull affair with the majority of play just being an exchange in possession in the midfield area.

Bromsgrove goalkeeper Tom Savage postponed Walsall's fourth when he made a fantastic clawing save to deny substitute Anthony Juxon thirteen minutes from time.

Walsall did eventually get their fourth inside added time. Walsall's free kick was laid off to defender Craig Deakin who struck the ball just inside Savage's right hand post from outside the box to give the away side all three points.

Walsall still have nine games in hand over third place Sporting and three over first place Littleton. Bromsgrove's promotion hopes were ended a while back now but they can still end the season on a high with three points against Pelsall Villa on Tuesday evening.

Bromsgrove Sporting: Tom Savage, Aaron Roberts, Nick Harris, Danny Deehan, Chris Gleadow, Keith Draper, Bradley Whitehouse, Chris Morrison, Jonathon Rogers, Jovan Blake-Walker, Andy Nicol (Sub) Tom Rankin (71), Gareth Davies (46), Matt Ross, Joe Lawley (46), Ashley Carter.

Walsall Wood: Dale Faultless, Craig Deakin, Tom Evans, Jack Stone, Lee Stretton, Danny Forrest, Ahmet Bilgimer, Michael Murray, Lewis Taylor-Boyce, Danny Owen, Andre Gonzales (Sub) Corey Currithers (56), Anthony Juxon (61), Drew Aiton (65), Nataniel Jones.

Bromsgrove Sporting
Walsall Wood
2 Yellow Cards 1
1 Red Cards 0
0 Goals 4
Bromsgrove Sporting
Walsall Wood