24 Nov 2015-7:45 pm
Half Time: 2-1
Bromsgrove Sporting
4 : 1
Malvern Town
Full Time
Richard Walker (Redditch)
Bromsgrove Sporting
Malvern Town
15' 0:1 Goal
Lee Balmby
Sean Brain
Substitute 39'
In:Sean Brain
Sean Brain
Goal 1:1 39'
Sean Brain
Reece Hewitt
Yellow Card 40'
Reece Hewitt
44' Yellow Card
Aaron Richards
Aaron Roberts
Yellow Card 45'
Aaron Roberts
50' Yellow Card
Matthew Turner
53' Substitute
In:Jack Cullity
Out:Aaron Richards
54' 2nd Yellow > Red Card
Matthew Turner
Sean Brain
Goal 2:1 58'
Sean Brain
Assistant: Dale Edwards
Jozsef Jakab
Substitute 60'
In:Jozsef Jakab
Out:Connor Collins
65' Substitute
In:Chris Parker
Out:Louis Loader
75' Substitute
In:Gareth Jones
Out:Ben Hayes
Sam Wills
Goal 3:1 84'
Sam Wills
90' +1' Yellow Card
Reece King
Sam Wills
Yellow Card 90' +3'
Sam Wills

For the third match on the trot, Sporting had to come back from a goal behind but come back they did and in the end it was quite a comfortable win against the West Midland Regional League side.
There was little to choose between the two sides in the opening exchanges, with both keepers tested a couple of times. However, the Sporting defence was opened up on the 14th minute when Lee Barmby received a pass on the goal line but with the angle too narrow to shoot, he headed across the goal to team mate Matthew Turner, who in a similar quandary, headed back to Barmby who this time easily nodded past Chris Jay from a couple of yards out.

Malvern's lead though did not last long as the home side equalised a couple of minutes later when Sean Brain hit a low hard shot into the bottom corner of the net from a few yards out.
Brain continued to be a thorn in the side of the away defence as he had two shots blocked on the 25th minute. But the most spectacular effort of the night came from Malvern's Dene Whittal-Williams whose overhead kick from a corner went narrowly over the bar.

Brain though, in good form, put Sporting in the lead on 39 minutes as Whittal-Williams slipped in attempting a clearance only for the striker to pick up the ball, progress a couple of yards before sliding under the advancing Chris Weaver.
With the temperature dropping, both teams and officials looked to keen to get on with things having a minimal break at half-time. Normal service also resumed with Sporting midfielder Reece Hewitt returning from a one-match suspension looking for gaps in the away defence.

Meanwhile referee Mr Walker, who was being quite generous with yellow cards, gave a second one to Malvern's Matt Smith on 55 minutes, who trudged off to shower earlier than expected.
Sensing a opportunity to consolidate their lead Sporting managed that 5 minutes later when Dale Edwards out wide made a strong run down the left, worked his way inside before making a precise cross to Brain who blasted home from short-range for his hat-trick.

Shortly after Brain was replaced by Kyle Turner and the lanky striker was unlucky not to get on the score sheet with two shots cleared off the line.

Despite being a man down Malvern looked to get back in the game and they themselves had a couple of good chances from Harry Wickett and Reece King late on.

But Sam Wills certainly put the match well out of their reach when he scored Sporting's fourth with 6 minutes to go. He curled a well-flighted free-kick over the wall from just outside the box, that Weaver could only flap at as it hit the back of his net.

That is how the score remained after five added minutes. Sporting are now away to Littleton in the semi-final provisionally on 12th January next year and ironically that is the same fixture except a league match this Saturday. Neither game will be easy.

Sporting: Chris Jay, Aaron Roberts, Jack Wilson, Luke Dugmore, Craig Jones, Sam Delaney, Sean Brain (Jozsef Jakab 60 mins), Reece Hewitt (Ethan Hanks 73 mins), Connor Collins (Kyle Turner 60 mins), Sam Wills, Dale Edwards.
Subs not used: Brendan Kelly, Ryan Pierpoint.
Goals: Brain (16, 39, 58 mins), Wills (84 mins)
Yellows: Hewitt (40 mins), Wills (90+3 mins)

Malvern: Chris Weaver, Aaron Richards (Jack Cullity 53 mins), Harry Wickett, Dene Whittal-Williams, Lee Barmby, Phil Harris (Capt.), Louis Loaden (Chris Parker 66 mins), Reece King, Matthew Turner, Anthony Smith, Ben Hayes (Gareth Jones 75 mins).
Sub not used: Chris Pinder
Goal: Lee Barmby (14 mins)
Yellows: Smith (31 mins), Richards (44 mins), King (90+2 mins)
Red: Turner (55 mins, second yellow)

Referee: Mr R Walker (Redditch)
Assistants: Mr D Amor (Worcester), Mr R McIlravey (Redditch)

Crowd: 182
Weather: Cool, damp

Sporting MoM: Craig Jones
Reporter: Phil Baker


Bromsgrove Sporting
Malvern Town
3 Yellow Cards 3
0 2d Yellow > Red Cards 1
4 Goals 1
Bromsgrove Sporting
Malvern Town