Ahead of Saturday’s league match versus Tamworth (3:00 KO), here are some important bits of information you may want to know…
Adults: £10, Concessions: £7, 12 – 17 year olds: £5, Under 12s: free
The Victoria Ground, Birmingham Rd, Bromsgrove, B61 0DR
Soft segregation will be in place for this game. For more details on this, please click here
There will be no supporters parking at rear of ‘The Shed End’. This area will only be reserved for players and directors, with officials parking on the car park at the front of the ground.
Our matchball sponsor for home games this season is Falcon Contract Flooring
Find them on Twitter – @FalconFlooring and Facebook, at Falcon Contract Flooring
There will be two special guests at the game…
Firstly, John “Donkey” Bayliss, who played between season 58/59 to 62/63, scoring 147 goals for Bromsgrove Rovers. This included seven in one game, in a 10-4 victory over Banbury. He moved onto Tamworth, where he was a player, manager, director and chairman.
Before a first round FA Cup match for Bromsgrove Rovers, huge carrots were hung from the goalmouth for the encouragement of ‘The Donk’. He scored two, in a 7-1 win over Oswestry. So, to honour him, a pair of carrots have been strung up in the Town End goal mouth for this game!
Our other visitor is Paul Wardle, who played for Bromsgrove Rovers in the Southern League Premier, Vauxhall Conference and in the famous FA Cup match vs Barnsley in January 1994. Paul wants to put an appeal out to ask if any team mates are around at the game.
Via our Twitter (@SportingFC) and on Goalshouter. Team news, half time and full time scores will also be on our Facebook (Bromsgrove Sporting FC) and our Instagram account (rouslersofficial)
Assistant manager Andy Mason’s preview of the game can be read here.
Last time we met
We last faced Tamworth on 13th August at the Lamb Ground, in the league; Sporting won 3-1, with goals courtesy of Richard Gregory, Shaquille McDonald and Kyle Perry, as we recorded our first win of the league season.
Video highlights here
- Tamworth currently sit 1st in the league, with 47 points from 21 games.
- In the league, away from home, they’ve won 22 points from 9 games (W7 D1 L1). These two teams have the best away record in the league.
- In these nine away games, they have only conceded seven.
- Recent away outings have seen them beat Hednesford Town (0-3), Banbury Town (0-1), Stratford Town (1-3).
- The last time they dropped points on the road was a 2-1 defeat at Biggleswade Town (four away games ago, 12th October). Their away draw was on the opening day of the season (St. Ives Town, 1-1, 10th August).
- In their 9 away games, they have scored 18, averaging two a game.
- They head into this off the back of a 3-0 home win versus St. Ives Town. Other recent league results include the Hednesford away win, a 3-3 home draw versus Nuneaton Borough and a 2-1 home defeat to Needham Market.
- Their last three league games have seen them score three in each one.
- Tamworth’s top scorer is Ryan Beswick, with 10 league goals (as per the Southern League website).
New Year’s Day was spectacular – let’s replicate that! Get the VG packed out and ROCKING! This game is absolutely HUGE! 2nd vs 1st, it doesn’t get much bigger! Bring a friend or family member; we need YOU! Thank you for your support!