4 Jan 2020 - 3:00 pm
Half Time: 0-1
Biggleswade Town
2 : 4
Bromsgrove Sporting
Full Time
Luke Scott (Northampton)
Biggleswade Town
Bromsgrove Sporting
Substitute 23'
In:Kweku Lucan
Out:James Peters
30' 0:1 Goal
Michael Taylor
Assistant: Richard Gregory
Michael Taylor
36' Yellow Card
Richard Gregory
Richard Gregory
46' 0:2 Goal
Richard Gregory
Assistant: Michael Taylor
Richard Gregory
Yellow Card 48'
Charlie Pattison
60' Yellow Card
Jak Hickman
Jak Hickman
61' Substitute
In:Liam Spink
Out:Jak Hickman
Liam Spink
66' 0:3 Goal
Tom Taylor
Assistant: Richard Gregory
Tom Taylor
Substitute 70'
In:Oliver Swain
Out:Matthew Ball
71' 0:4 Goal
Michael Taylor
Assistant: Greg Mills
Michael Taylor
Goal 1:4 72'
Kweku Lucan
Substitute 74'
In:Mason Wilson-Rhiney
Out:Charlie Pattison
Yellow Card 79'
Devante Stanley
79' Yellow Card
Greg Mills
Greg Mills
81' Substitute
In:Sam Collins
Out:Greg Mills
Sam Collins
Goal 2:4 85'
Kweku Lucan
Yellow Card 90' +4'
Lewis Ferrell

Bromsgrove Sporting's first away day of 2020 saw them run out 4-2 winners over Biggleswade Town.

A first half Mikey Taylor opener saw Sporting take a one goal lead into the break, before Richard Gregory doubled the advantage less than a minute into the second half.

Tom Taylor made it 3-0 with a header, which was followed by Mikey Taylor adding his second and the team's fourth.in the 71st minute.

Two goals in 12 minutes from Biggleswade substitute Kweku Lucan threatened to scupper the Rouslers getting six points from six in their first two games of the new year, but Bren Kelly's men stood firm in the closing stages to bag the victory.

Sporting started the game largely on the back foot, with the Waders' Drew Richardson and Treymayne Charles both shooting over the bar, whilst Charlie Pattison had a shot saved smartly by the feet of Daniel Platt.

Bromsgrove's first opportunity came 18 minutes in, as a Greg Mills shot from inside the box drew a fine save from keeper Kyle Forster's feet.

Mikey Taylor's first goal came on the half hour mark, with plenty of the team involved; great work from Mills saw him pass to Josh Quaynor. He found Gift Mussa, who allowed Richard Gregory to play in Mikey Taylor, who took it around Forster and slotted in from the acutest of angles.

It was almost two on the stroke of half time, as a poked effort from Mikey Taylor hit one post, before bouncing across the goal line and hitting the other post.

Sporting wouldn't have to wait long for the second goal however - pretty much the duration of the half time break to be precise, as Quaynor looped a ball to Mikey Taylor, who surged into the box and set up Gregory, who converted with a neatly taken low volley.

Shane Bush almost pounced on a little bit of sleepiness at the back from Bromsgrove, but his attempt hit the post before being gathered by Platt, whilst Mikey Taylor had a shot saved by Forster soon after.

The 66th minute saw the third come; a Quaynor free kick was glanced on by Gregory, before Tom Taylor headed it home into the bottom corner.

Five minutes later, the fourth went in, as a long Quaynor pass saw Mills expertly volley the ball to Mikey Taylor, who buried home with consummate ease.

Lucan's first goal, in the 73rd minute, came via a ball coming into the box that he hit with his left foot - despite smacking the crossbar initially, it ultimately found its way into the top corner.

His second saw him strike a first time effort into the goal from a Devante Stanley free kick, situated just outside the area.

At this point, there was a slight feeling throughout Langford Road that a comeback could have been on the cards, but Bromsgrove were resilient and maintained the two goal lead to the very end.


Biggleswade Town
Bromsgrove Sporting
Off Target 2
On Target 10
On Target 13
Off Target 2
3 Yellow Cards 3
5 Corners 4
14 Fouls 10
2 Offsides 4
12 Shots 15
10 Shots on Goal 13
2 Goals 4
Biggleswade Town
Bromsgrove Sporting