Ahead of tomorrow’s Pitching In Southern League Premier Central match versus Alvechurch (3:00 KO), here are some important bits of information you may want to know…
ADMISSION – PAY ON GATE
- Adults £12
- Over 65s £9
- 12-17 yr old £6
- Plus… KIDS FOR A QUID! (3 – 11, with adult)
Card or cash at the turnstiles. Cash only for outdoor food outlets. Card and cash at the indoor bar.
Sponsoring the matchball is Montel Civil Engineering Limited. From minor works to major infrastructure projects, Montel has a proven record of providing value through civil engineering excellence.
They offer a broad spectrum of civil engineering with a wealth of experience in a number of key disciplines, including:
- Road construction and reconstruction
- Bridge construction and reconstruction
- Water and drainage works
- External environmental works including streetscapes and other town centre initiatives
- River works and flood prevention
- Infrastructure works
- Multi-disciplinary civil works projects.
For more information on Montel Civil Engineering Limited, click here.
VIP EXPERIENCE SPONSORS
Enjoying the VIP meal experience at the match will be R S CARPENTRY (07520649661)
Bromsgrove based R S CARPENTRY specialise in all carpentry works – commercial and domestic.
Robert Sloane, of R S CARPENTRY, has booked to celebrate his birthday with us, with his birthday being the day before. He told us he thought how better a way to celebrate than having his birthday celebration watching this huge game.
Our hospitality team shall be looking after Mr Sloane and his six guests with a two course hot meal, with waitress service, in the bottom bar.
The party will then go on to enjoy the match in directors box, enjoy boardroom Hospitality at half time and then choose their Player of the Match, presenting them with a bottle of champagne.
We hope Mr Sloane and his party have a fantastic day at the Victoria Ground.
ADVICE ON EARLY ARRIVAL
We are advising people to get there as early as possible to avoid large queues forming and to ensure fans get their desired watching point!
The Victoria Ground, Birmingham Rd, Bromsgrove, B61 0DR
Pick one up directly ahead of the turnstile for just £2!
This edition includes manager Gavin Hurren’s column, Charlie Wise‘s player profile and much more!
Get your 50/50 ticket outside the ground. Just £1 a ticket, with a big prize likely!
IN THE BAR AFTER THE GAME
Tomorrow doesn’t finish at the final whistle!
In the Rouslers Bar, we’ve got…
- a DJ who will be taking requests!
- an award to give a player to mark a very special occasion!
- a well stocked bar!
KIT FOR THIS MATCH
We will be wearing this season’s red home kit for this match.
The following is COVID-19 advice for spectators, based on current Government regulations.
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms or have failed a lateral flow or PCR test, then please do not attend matches until your isolation period has ended.
- Face coverings are not required in bars or outside, however we are encouraging masks to be worn in crowded areas – especially in the Thomas Jones Stand.
- We are asking everybody to be respectful and avoid contact if possible, particularly with those who wish to keep their distance.
- Distancing is not mandatory but we are asking everybody to keep apart as much as possible.
- The east side of the ground under the canopy by the entrance to the studio bar is primarily for visitors with movement or disability issues (and their helpers and carers) and only one row of spectators will be allowed to prevent close contact.
- QR code posters for checking-in will be available at the entrance for anybody wishing to make use of them.
- Hand sanitiser will be widely available and we are encouraging its use.
- The ground will be cleaned and tidied in advance of matches and we ask that spectators put all waste and rubbish in bins and not discard it on the ground.
- Anybody having any questions or concerns should speak to a steward (in orange or yellow coats) or a Club official.
We thank everybody for their co-operation.
Via our Twitter (@SportingFC), Facebook (Bromsgrove Sporting FC) and Instagram (rouslersofficial).
Twitter will be more in-depth then Facebook and Instagram.
There won’t be strict segregation in place, however we will encouraging Alvechurch fans to stand at the Town End and Sporting fans to stand in the Shed End.
LAST TIMES WE MET
To take a look at our most recent encounter versus Alvechurch, the reverse fixture at Lye Meadow back in August, click here.
For a list of all of our previous encounters, click here.
Manager Gavin Hurren’s preview of the game can be read here.
GREAT FOOD AVAILABLE
We have a range of tasty food available from the food bar (approximately 20 metres to your right as you enter the turnstiles).
- Bacon Rolls
- Chips/Cheesy Chips
- Sausage and chips
- Condiments including gravy and curry sauce
- Hot and cold drinks
- Alvechurch currently have 42 points from 26 games (W12 D6 L8). They sit in 5th place, scoring 36 goals and conceding 28.
- They have played 12 away league games, picking up 13 points (W3 D4 L5). In these, they have scored 11 and conceded 15.
- Alvechurch were unbeaten in eight at one point in the league (W6 D2) across a spell in November and December. However, they are currently winless in their last five league matches (D2 L3) – this is the joint worst record of any team’s last five league matches (tied with Biggleswade Town).
- They have failed to win any of their last three away matches (Redditch 1-0, Stratford 0-0 and Biggleswade 1-1). Directly prior to those three away matches, they had beaten Peterborough Sports and Hitchin, both 0-1, on the road.
- This means in their last five away matches, they have scored three and conceded two. Whilst not scoring many across this period, no team in the league has conceded fewer than them across each side’s last five away league matches.
- The Redditch and Stratford matches feature amongst their recent five match winless run. The other three matches were all at home; a 2-0 loss to Banbury, a 1-1 draw with Coalville and, most recently, a 2-3 defeat to Needham Market, on Tuesday just gone, when they 2-0 up at half time.
- On the player front – Kidderminster Harriers loanee Nick Clayton-Phillips has scored in Alvechurch’s last two matches.
We really need you to get behind the lads and support them in this massive match! Your support is huge to the team and we want YOU to get the VG rocking in this absolute humdinger of a local derby! This is massive!