Ahead of Saturday’s home Buildbase FA Trophy First Round Proper match versus Morpeth Town (3:00 KO), here are some important bits of information you may want to know…
ADMISSION – PAY ON GATE. CUP MATCH – ALL PAY.
- Adults £12
- Over 65s £9
- 12-17 yr old £6
- Plus… KIDS FOR A QUID! (3 – 11, with adult)
Card or cash at the turnstiles. Cash only for outdoor food outlets. Card and cash at the indoor bar.
WHAT’s IN THE MATCHDAY PROGRAMME
- The thoughts of chairman Mike Burke and new manager Gavin Hurren, as Gavin’s takes over on a permanent basis
- Wandering Rousler Matt Foden on his visit to Morpeth Town AFC a couple of years ago
- Sports historian Luke Harris on the early days of Bromsgrove Rovers at the Victoria Ground
In case you missed the Tamworth programme from Tuesday’s game (we have a few left):
- Player profile: Aaron Clayton
- A tribute to a few people at the Victoria Ground
- Feature on bare-knuckle boxer and Sporting fan Ricky Nelder from our FA Cup match versus Worksop Town.
- Fan Profile – Paul Banner
We will be paying our Remembrance respects just before the game, to honour armed forces members who have died in the line of duty.
DRAW AFTER 90 MINUTES
If the game is a draw after 90 minutes, the game will go straight to penalties.
The Victoria Ground, Birmingham Rd, Bromsgrove, B61 0DR
KIT FOR THIS MATCH
We will be wearing this season’s NEW red home kit for this match.
Via our Twitter (@SportingFC), Facebook (Bromsgrove Sporting FC) and Instagram (rouslersofficial).
Twitter will be more in-depth than Facebook and Instagram.
A decision has yet to be made on Goalshouter coverage for this match.
SANTA AT THE VG!
Get your tickets for our Santa Extravaganza at the VG from behind the bar! It takes place on Tuesday 21st December and tickets cost just £5!
GREAT FOOD AVAILABLE
We have a range of tasty food available from the food bar (approximately 20 metres to your right as you enter the turnstiles).
- Bacon Rolls
- Chips/Cheesy Chips
- Sausage and chips
- Condiments including gravy and curry sauce
- Hot and cold drinks
- Morpeth Town are playing in the Northern Premier League Premier Division (Step 7) – the same level as Sporting.
- The Northumberland side are currently 18th out of 22 in the league, with 18 points from 16 games (W5 D3 L8).
- Away from home, they have played 10 matches in the league – winning two, drawing two and losing six.
- Of all the team’s in the bottom half of that league, they are the highest scorers, with 25 goals from their 16 games (no team has played less in the bottom half).
- It could perhaps be wise to not be fooled by the Highwaymen’s league position. Incumbent manager Craig Lynch has been in charge for 13 matches (which started as an interim role) and has only lost two of these (W7 D4 L2)
- The two losses were a 2-0 league defeat away to second placed South Shields and a 3-1 FA Cup Fourth Round Qualifying replay defeat at home to National League North (Step 6) side York City (after an initial 1-1 draw away).
- In their last five leagues matches, they have won four and lost one – the defeat being to South Shields.
- Recent matches include league wins over Nantwich Town (2-3 A. 19th) and Grantham Town (2-1 H. 22nd), plus their Buildbase FA Trophy Third Round Qualifying win over Pickering Town (4-2 H. Step 8). NOTE: League positions listed denote current league positions
- Liam Noble scored a hat trick in the Nantwich game and also an 89th winner in the Grantham game.
If you are coming to the game, get behind the lads and support Gavin in his first game as our official manager! Your support is a massive boost and we will need it if we are to go on another cup run after our FA Cup exploits! We need YOU to get the VG rocking!