The following is an update on yesterday’s results for our Ladies and Veterans Teams, plus news of both of their respective next fixtures.
- It was a great performance for the ladies, beating Meadow Park Women 6-0, with braces from Amy Kendall and Lucy Shaw, plus one for Millie Seager and an own goal. After a slow start, the ladies soon took control and put in a solid performance to take into next weeks County Cup game.
- The Ladies remain at the top of the league, and are still the only unbeaten team in the division.
- The Ladies are at home this coming Sunday (21st November) in the aforementioned County Cup match. It’s against Cookley Sports, from a step up level-wise, but a challenge the team is thoroughly looking forward to. Kick off is 2pm at the Victoria Ground and entry is free.
- At the last few games, Ladies’ manager Alan Horton has been giving local ladies teams of all ages a match day experience and a ‘meet the ladies’ session (see above picture).
- After paying their Remembrance respects to the fallen (see below), Bromsgrove Vets put in another solid performance, this one against Knowle, in the Third Round of the Major Cup, where they ran out 6-0 winners. Bromsgrove played some excellent football ending up with a 5-0 lead at HT. The second half Knowle came out fighting but Sporting stayed strong. The goals came via another Junior Hewitt hat-trick, plus an Ollie Jones brace and one for Jamie McWilliams.
- The Veterans are at home this coming Sunday (21st November) against Solihull Sporting. Kick off is 10:30am and entry is free.
- Sunday’s game saw the debut of Bromsgrove Sporting legend Daniel Morris (below).
Both games are being played at the Victoria Ground and the bar is open for both games. Your support would be greatly appreciated by both teams, as they look to continue their impressive starts to the season!