A round-up of the Bromsgrove Sporting Colts’ action over the weekend just passed; here’s how they got on…
Weekend Round Up (courtesy of Bill Edge)
NOTE: One match postponed
– Seven games; finished four wins, one draw & 2 defeats
– West Worcester Youth 1 U8 Colts 3: Colts reach the quarter final; arguably the two strongest sides in the Mercian League, so it was a great win for the Colts. Scorers Tom Hart (x2) & Ben Mumford, MOM Joe McGee.
– Newcastle Town 1 U16 Colts Reds 1: A good result against a team 42 places above Colts. A fantastic performance from the lads in a game Colts had chances to win. Goal from Andrew, MOM Eliott Flint for a fantastic captain’s performance – he defended well, containing a good striker all game. Now for the Worcester County Cup Semi Final next week.
– U17 Colts Reds 0 Stafford Rangers 3: The score doesn’t reflect the game, but the lads are finding the step up a little difficult, learning some harsh lessons which will stand them in good stead for next term.
– Bartley Reds South 1 U9 Colts Whites 5: Colts progress in League Cup, Rio Walters was MOM
– Bromford Lions 1 U11 Colts Reds 3: Colts win the Winter Cup, to go with the Autumn Cup they won earlier, maintaining their 100% record this season. Goalscorers were Jamie Paddock, Ethan Evans and Samsu Ndong – the whole team were MOM.
– Harbourne Youth 2 U12 Colts 1: A scrappy game against a physical team in which Colts never really got going. Goal from Kalean Cole, MOM Kieran Bowen for a great display in defence.
– U13 Colts Athletic 4 St Johns Junior Rangers 0: A six pointer, against a team previously unbeaten; Colts have now created a little breathing space at the top of the table. Goals from Liam (x2), Harvey and Malcolm secured the win, with the Colts playing a high standard throughout, which was very pleasing to watch. MOM Oliver.
– U15 Colts 0 Broadway Raiders 11 (Eleven): An Open Cup game against Div 1 highfliers, with the Colts’ pitch being unfit, the game was switched at the last minute. Some Colts could not make it, so they ended up with eight players, against a team of a very different level, but fair play to the Colts, who never gave up despite the odds.
– U18 Colts Shamrocks 5 Hampton 1: A fantastic performance from start to finish, despite missing eight players from the squad. Colts went behind in the first few minutes, then dominated the rest of the game, with some great passing and clinical fishing, a great battling team performance and a never give in attitude. Goals from Connor Dixon (x4) & Jessie Darkwah.