Bromsgrove Sporting can announce that more trials will be taking place for our Southern League Football Academy side, that will begin at the start of the 2020/21 season. These will take place on Monday 17th February, from 1 – 3pm, at South Bromsgrove High School (B60 3NL).
We have already registered a number of committed and ambitious local footballers, who have joined our semi-professional academy in the Southern League, where they will study, train and Play full time after leaving school in 2020.
As part of the Southern League Football Academy (SLFA) – the sister programme of the successful NPL Football Academy (NPLFA) – students study for a BTEC in Sport Level 3 qualification, train every day with an UEFA qualified coach and play in the SLFA League with opportunities to play in the FA Youth Cup.
The Bromsgrove Sporting Academy is an alternative to college and is ideal for any 16/18 year old who wishes to gain a great education and develop as a footballer at the same time.
At the Bromsgrove Sporting FC Academy you will study, train and play full time
- Alternative to college
- BTEC in Sport Level 3 (Diploma & Extended Diploma)
- 168 UCAS points (Extended Diploma) & 112 UCAS points (Diploma) available
- Two year programme
- Study in the classroom with your team mates
- Take the next step to UK university, US scholarship or employment/apprenticeship
- Experienced & UEFA qualified coaches
- Train three/four times a week
- Improve technical ability and fitness on a daily basis
- Opportunities to train with the first team
- In the SLFA League
- Opportunities to play in the FA Youth Cup
- Games played at Southern League stadiums
- Opportunities to progress to the first team
- Opportunities to play for the inter-league team against professional clubs (See the NPLFA team)
- All matches are filmed, analysed and shown in a weekly highlights package online with our video partners FilmMyMatch (See the NPLFA League)
- Opportunities to take part in online challenges against other students (See the NPLFA clubs)– Progress onto our three-year university degree course (http://theslfa.co.uk/degree/)
Follow the SLFA: theslfa.co.uk