Ahead of Saturday’s visit to Berkhamsted, here is some information to prepare you for the fixture.
Adults: £8, Concessions: £4, 12 – 17 year olds: £1
Broadwater, Lower Kings Road, Berkhamsted HP4 2AL
We have received this advice from Berkhamsted regarding travel to the game.
“Exit A41 onto A416. Go straight over the town centre traffic lights into Lower Kings Road. Go over the canal bridge & take the 1st left into Broadwater. Follow the road to the left, proceeding parallel to the canal – the ground is along on the right.
“One of the town car parks is shut whilst they build a multi-storey. Also, the bowls club have an open day and there is a fayre in the canal fields.
“We are an easy walk from the station if you have any rail travellers.”
If we win this game, we will have beaten every team in the league this season and will be the only team to have achieved this.
Last time we met
The reverse fixture vs Berkhamsted was on 5 January, in which the teams played out a 3-3 draw. Sporting goals came courtesy of Tom Rankin, John Pykett and a last minute Richard Gregory penalty, with Matthew Bateman scoring a hat trick for the visitors.. The full match report can be read here.
Video highlights of that match can be viewed here.
Manager Bren Kelly’s preview of the game can be read here.
- Berkhamsted currently lie 7th in the league, amassing 56 points from 37 games (Sporting sit 2nd, 87 points from 37 games).
- Home – P18 W7 D4 L7. Away – P19 W9 D4 L6.
- Berkhamsted’s last six league games have been a mixed bag of results (W2 D1 L3).
- They head into this off the back of a 3-3 draw at home to Kempston Rovers and, most recently, a 2-1 win away at Barton Rovers.
- They have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last eight league outings.
- The aforementioned Matthew Bateman sits 6th in the league’s top goalscorer table, on 21 goals (nine behind the leader, our very own Jason Cowley).
Your support this season has been simply phenomenal; please come and support us if you can, in what is not just our last away day of the season, but our last game before the all important play-offs. Come and give us a big boost before the massive game on Wednesday!