Kings Langley v Bromsgrove Sporting

Kings Langley 3 - 1 Bromsgrove Sporting
18 Jan 2020 - 15:00The Sadiku Stadium, Hempstead Road, Kings Langley, WD4 8BS

Bromsgrove Sporting’s unbeaten run of over two months came to an end on Saturday afternoon, with a 3-1 defeat at Kings Langley.

The home side took the lead early on, courtesy of a well struck Harrison Crawford effort, before Richard Gregory volleyed home to level proceedings.

However, two further goals from the dangerous Crawford in the second half saw Kings seal all three points, in a match where Sporting’s chances of success were severely dented by having to make all three substitutions due to injury.

The first chance of note in the game fell to Bromsgrove’s Greg Mills, who saw his left footed drive from inside the area saved low by Melvin Minter.

The opener came moments later, as a swift attacking move led to Jordan Parkes playing in Crawford, who fired home powerfully from around 20 yards.

Sporting’s first substitution was made fifteen minutes in, as striker Mikey Taylor was forced off with an eye injury; however, it was to be his replacement, Gregory, who equalised for the Rouslers, just shy of the half hour mark.

An exquisite cross from Mills, whipped menacingly into the area, was volleyed by Gregory.; despite hitting Minter on the way in, he was unable to keep it out.

Mills had a couple of chances late on in the half to give Bromsgrove the lead, but saw two shots both blocked in quick succession, while Mitchell Weiss had a shot blocked by the oncoming Daniel Platt deep into additional time.

Early in the second half, Mills struck a free kick narrowly wide from a promising position but just two minutes later, Crawford had his second – a free kick into the area was hit across the six yard box by Jorell Johnson, with the Kings forward on hand to convert at the far post to bag his second.

The 53rd minute saw Harry Higginson replace Leon Broadhurst, who came off with a groin injury and seven minutes later, Jack Wilson made way for Liam Spink with a hamstring issue.

Soon after, Parkes had a fiercely struck effort brilliantly saved by the palm of Platt. Two minutes on from that, Mills appealed for a penalty after believing he was hauled down in the area but the referee was unmoved despite the impassioned protests.

The 74th minute saw the game’s fourth and final goal, as Crawford completed his hat-trick. The home side effortlessly passed their way through Sporting’s defence, resulting in Crawford slotting home with a left footed strike.

Kieren Westwood fired wide in the dying embers of the game but it wasn’t to be for the Rouslers on the day, as they were clapped off by the travelling cohort of fans, who once again came in big numbers.