Coalville Town v Bromsgrove Sporting

Coalville Town 2 - 2 Bromsgrove Sporting
17 Aug 2019 - 15:00The Mander Cruickshank Solicitors Stadium, Owen St, Coalville, LE67 3DA. League.

Two late goals from substitute Kyle Perry ensured Bromsgrove Sporting would salvage a point away at Coalville Town on Saturday afternoon, drawing 2-2.

A headed effort in the 90th minute was quickly followed by a clever backheeled effort a minute later, cancelling out Kairo Mitchell’s first half opener and Adam McGurk’s smart finish seven minutes from time.

It was another poor start from Sporting, as they conceded in the opening 10 minutes for the third game in succession; it began with Jack Wilson being dispossessed out wide by Alexander Dean, who played in Mitchell a yard in front of goal, which he wilfully slotted home into.

Sporting grew into the game as the half progressed, with the first notable chance being a fine Josh Quaynor free kick on 28 minutes from 20 yards that keeper Saul Deeney met with a solid hand, before Quaynor turned provider for Joe Hull, but could only head into Deeney’s grasp six minutes later.

The chances were far more plentiful in the second half; early opportunities saw Scott McManus put a free header over the bar from a corner, before Timothy Berridge skied a shot handsomely off target from a golden opportunity for the home side, as Sporting  started the half a little sluggishly.

The Rouslers’ first chance of the half was largely due to some trickery up the wing from half time substitute Will Shorrock, which allowed him to tee up Robbie Thompson-Brown, who fired a ferocious volley over the upright.

A lively spell for Sporting followed soon after, as Shorrock saw a shot deflected out for a corner, before Thompson-Brown had a drive blocked and Shaquille McDonald had a goal ruled out for offside.

A five minute spell midway through the half should definitely have seen the home side go two goals up; firstly, Thomas McGlinchey’s hard work up the wing resulted in him setting up Mitchell, who struck the ball from a yard out over the crossbar with virtually the whole goal at his mercy.

This was quickly followed by more massive chances, with McGurk having a shot deflected off target, McManus having another header, this one hitting the post and Mitchell seeing a close range effort deflected wide for a corner.

The home side’s pressure continued, with Kyle Lincoln adjudged to have brought down Mitchell in the area 15 minutes from time; up stepped McGurk, but he was unable to find a way past the strong palm of Tony Breeden.

It appeared as though Coalville has sealed all three points seven minutes from the finish, as McGurk neatly found space for himself inside the box, allowing him to unleash a beautifully curled strike into the top corner.

However, Perry had other plans – the 90th minute saw him pull one back, as he met a Josh Quaynor corner with a powerful header at the back post, before scoring the equaliser a minute later.

Richard Gregory struck the ball towards the goal, which looked to be heading narrowly wide before a clever backheel from the inside of Perry’s foot guided the ball into the net, sending the travelling fans into absolute raptures of joy, as Sporting would leave Leicestershire with a share of points, with both teams extending their unbeaten starts to three games.