Bromsgrove Sporting v Barwell

Bromsgrove Sporting 2 - 7 Barwell
29 Oct 2019 - 19:45The Victoria Ground, Birmingham Rd, Bromsgrove B61 0DR. Buildbase FA Trophy, First Qualifying Round.

Bromsgrove Sporting crashed out of the Buildbase FA Trophy on Tuesday evening, as they were beaten 7-2 by Barwell at the Victoria Ground, in a performance labelled ’embarrassing’ and ‘horrific’ by manager Bren Kelly.

A brace from Tristan Dunkley and a strike from Barwell hotshot Brady Hickey gave the visitors a 3-0 lead at half time, before goals from Joseph Evans, Sam Hollis and Jamie Towers gave the Leicestershire side a six goal advantage with a little under 10 minute remaining.

A tap in from Shaquille McDonald was quickly followed by another Towers goal, with McDonald completing the evening’s scoring two minutes from time, on what was truly a miserable night for the Rouslers.

Before the game’s 28th minute opener, both teams enjoyed chances, with Dunkley shooting narrowly wide, Richard Gregory having a header saved and Kai Williams seeing an effort blocked inside the area by Jack Wilson.

Dunkley would eventually break the deadlock, with his run onto a superb through ball followed by a cool finish past Tony Breeden from the edge of the area.

He would have his second five minutes later, as he pounced on Sporting’s inability to clear their lines, allowing him to rifle the ball home impressively.

The task at hand for Bromsgrove hit Everest proportions in the 37th minute, as Hickey fired home with aplomb into the top corner from inside the box.

McDonald had a couple of chances in the first 15 minutes of the second half but was unable to hit the target, whilst Williams had two shots on goal in quick succession; one blocked and the other saved by Breeden.

The 75th minute saw substitute Towers dink a nice ball into Omotolani Omotola, who had an effort cleared off the line by Joe Hull, but the fourth would come a minute later, as Evans skilfully took the ball around Breeden, which he followed up with a confident slamming of the ball into an empty goal.  

Hollis’ marked his introduction into the game from the bench in the 78th minute with a goal in the same minute; seemingly with the freedom of Worcestershire in terms of space, he lobbed the ball into the top corner, comfortably over a stranded Breeden.

Towers scored his first 81 minutes in, as he headed in from around 12 yards out, following up on his initial shot that was saved by Breeden,

Sporting would have to wait for the 83rd minute for their first goal of the match, as a Greg Mills ball across the box found McDonald, who hit home into an open goal from well inside the six yard box.

Towers got his second and Barwell’s seventh in the 87th minute, as he beat Hull, ran towards goal and scored with a low strike.

The final goal on a dismal evening for Sporting came a minute later, as McDonald found himself through on goal, before shooting into the bottom corner.