The following is a round up of Bromsgrove Sporting Colts news and events.
- Former Colts goalkeeper Conor Smith made a double debut in France; representing England U20 football and competing in a 10k road race. Conor, normally a cross country runner, came a creditable 11th amongst a large international crowd.
- Team of the Month for October was made difficult because there were postponements and half term. The winning team scored 24 and conceded four in four matches – these are the U11 Colts, managed by Rob Bradley.
- Special mentions also considered for October Team of the Month were the U16 Superstars & U18 Shamrocks, who both reached their County Cup quarter finals and the U8 Whites & U9 Colts, who both won their first on the final Sunday of the month.
- Our youngsters have been invited to play against Birmingham City Academy Teams, with the U10 Colts being first (pictured above). The U10 Colts played four 20 minute games against academy teams, narrowly losing the first three. However, Bromsgrove found their feet in the last game and played some excellent football, winning 5-1. The boys had a great evening and thoroughly enjoyed the experience and are looking forward to the next invite.
- The teams will also be getting the chance to walk out with Sporting first team players at the Victoria Ground, which includes a tour of the ground, refreshments and a kick about on the pitch – those who taken part so far have enjoyed the experience. Picture below, courtesy of Geoff Hawkesworth, is from the U8 Whites’ visit for our game against Yaxley.